We are seeking a skilled and resourceful mold designer! As a key member of product development, you will be responsible for creating 3D surface or solid models of OEM rubber parts via reverse engineering, and subsequent mold design and extrusion dies; programming CNC machining centers 3-5 axis and wire EDM equipment to facilitate mold construction.
- Study sample products or drawings to determine design approach, tolerances, sequence of operations, material and programming requirements.
- Select or design holding fixture, cutting tools, attachments, and materials.
- Calculate and set parameters to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, coolant flow, depth, and angle of cut, and program commands to input and edit CNC media
- Provide time estimates against which output is compared
- Determine and solve G code programming issues
Desired Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated working knowledge of mold design, reverse engineering, CNC programming
- Proven ability to work with and understand higher end Cad/Cam systems
- Experienced class “A” surface/solid modeler
- Ability to effectively collaborate with machinist and mold operators (end-users)
- BS in Mechanical Engineering preferred
Submit your application and resume via firstname.lastname@example.org